We're back and we can't wait to see you again!
Our top priority has always been the safety of our members, staff and guests at Iron X Fitness. We have made some changes to the studio and put new guidelines and policies in place for you to stay safe. We are asking everyone to do their part.
Iron X Fitness Inc. is taking every measure advised by the Ottawa Public Health to prevent the transmission of COVID-19, including the use of masks and virucidal disinfectants before and after every class. However, this does not completely eliminate the risk of exposure.
We have always prided ourselves on being a sparkling clean studio but now we plan to clean even more! Our Energy Exchangers and staff will be working extra hard to ensure the whole studio is spick-and-span!
- The entrance door will remain open to limit people touching the doorknob.
- Social distancing markers and hand sanitizer spray bottles have been placed all throughout the studio.
- Masks are required inside the studio. If you do not have a mask, we have some available for purchase.
- Walk-in traffic is restricted. By appointment only.
- Students must pre-register for classes, appointments or events.
- Registration opens 14 days in advance of all classes, and closes 30 minutes before class.
- Eating is prohibited inside the studio.
Front Desk Check-In
- Students are required to check-in for their class with the Front Desk staff.
- Students must have their temperatures taken by the Front Desk staff every time they come in the studio.
- Students must spray their hands with the hand sanitizer bottle provided or wash their hands for a minimum of 20 seconds in the change room every time they enter the studio.
- If a student is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, they are required to notify Iron X Fitness by email or phone before attending any class, service or event and reschedule.
- Change rooms are off-limits for changing as well as storing personal items in the cubbies or lockers.
- Cubbies are available in the Recharge Station (waiting area) under the new benches but have limited storage.
- Students must show up already being dressed and ready to exercise.
- Students are required to bring the minimum amount of personal items.
- Doors will remain open for water access but students have to adhere to social distancing rules.
- There is a limit of one person per change room at once.
- Hand washing - Students are required to use the paper towel to dry their hands.
- We understand 4 months is a long time without pole training so all of our classes will be tailored to bringing students back up to speed in each level.
- Each pole has its own alcohol spray bottle and cloth. There will be no sharing. Clean cloths will be provided but students may bring their own.
- Students are required to wipe down the entire pole at the beginning and at the end of class.
- Used cloths must be disposed of after each class into the laundry bin.
- Class sizes have been reduced to allow for social distancing.
- Class schedule has been reduced to allow for ample cleaning in between each class.
- Class space is limited. First-come, First-served.
- Coaches have their own pole and will lead class stationary from the middle pole.
- The class will be divided into two groups (group A / B) so there will always be someone on every second pole. Groups will switch frequently to give everyone a chance to practice.
- Spotting - the coach and the student must put their mask on and sanitize their hands beforehand.
- Hands-off corrections - coaches will use verbal cues and demonstrations instead of hands-on corrections.
- Crash mats are required for all inverted classes and MUST be sanitized by students before and after each use. They will be setup on each pole at the start of the class.
- Students are required to wipe down their crash mats before the beginning of their class and at the end of class.
- Staff and students are required to wear a mask inside the studio at all times.
- According to the City of Ottawa policy, students have the option to take off their mask only while at their pole and exercising.
- If a student must take a break or leave their pole for any reason, they must put their mask back on.
- Students are required to follow our floor markers and respect all social distancing rules.
- Students will be required to show up on time for their scheduled class. There will be limited waiting space in the Recharge Station.
- If a student is early, they must wait outside and follow social distancing rules.
- Any additional guests, including spouses/children are not allowed inside the studio. Only those with appointments will be permitted inside.
- The Iron X Fitness equipment will be off-limits.
- Students will have to bring their own yoga mat/props for any Be Flexy/other floor classes.
- Coaches will lead classes not requiring any props.
- Knee pads may still be rented and put in the laundry bin after a single use but we recommend students bring their own.